Friday, July 29, 2011

Office Project

While G was out of town...I worked on a bit of a project.  I found these fantastic cabinets at the Charlotte Habitat Re-Store and HAD to have them. I had a ton of fun working on this project and it was a nice surprise for Greg when he got home.  



I got these babies home Friday and started working on them as soon as the Luehrs Land Babies were asleep.  Half the battle was cleaning out the disaster of a room that our office was previously.  That room was our "dump" room...it still can be, but all behind closed doors!  

After a few trips back and forth from Home Depot and Lowes, I was in business (once nap time and bed time came for T+ lil G).  I removed all the doors: sanded, primed and painted white (previously ivory).  Most of the draws had dividers with CD case holders installed...good time for some DEMO!  Once the cabinet units where all cleaned and sanitized (hey! I don't know where these came from) I brought the units inside the house and then using the kids Red Radio Flyer wagon moved these beasts in to place. My new friends at Lowes cut me some moulding to fit at the base of the cabinets and plywood for my counter top.  Stained and Polyurethaned the plywood a dark brown to match the desk...nailed it in place and then the Master Organizer (my mom) came and helped put things in to place. Done!



I was able to pull all this off before G got home Thursday night!  The organization is amazing!  Everything has a place/cabinet of it's own.  I have a home for my camera and photography stuff, all my ribbons and other crafty items, my sewing machine and fabrics, and the printer even has a new home!  It's amazing...LOVE these cabinets. 


I obviously still need to decorate the room above my fantastic new cabinets...G goes out of town again this month...maybe then :)





1 comment: